Start with Zero Money, Grow with Client’s money and Scale with Investor’s Money.
What? You think you need a lot of money to start a business? Wait my friend. You need ZERO money to start a business of your dreams and turn it into a multi-million dollars venture.
Avelo Roy has done the exact same and he shares how he was able to do that in this episode.
Some Questions I ask Avelo:
- Where was this thought or seed of entrepreneurship planted on your mind at that very young age?
I was wondering if you could share any other specific events or memories from your childhood or conditioning from your parents that you think has helped you in having a growth and risk-taking mindset as you grew up?
What is your approach in getting top-notch millionaire or billionaire mentors for yourself?
- What do you think is the most millennial don’t understand about entrepreneurship and whats your advice to them?
- 05:25 Avelo talks about how the seed of business planted on him and writing an email to Bill Gates.
- 07:13 He shares how growing among leaders in his own house has helped him sub-consciously to develop leadership qualities.
- 10:53 Avelo shares how his mother brainwashed him to be best at what he does.
- 11:43 How Avelo got into understanding of Shreemad Bhagavad Geeta and how it has helped him in coping up with tough phase in his life.
- 14:30 Avelo shares about his first business. Everything from conceptualization to launching the product.
- 19:48 The biggest mistakes Avelo made in his entrepreneurial journey and lessons learned.
- 23:03 Avelo Shares his tips for entrepreneurs to nail the pitch.
- 27:41 What is his approach to get access to Millionaire or Billionaire Mentors.
- 32:56 Qualities Avelo looks in a mentee before he takes them up for mentoring.
- 34:33 This is what most millennial doesn’t understand about entrepreneurship.
- 39:15 Avelo shares about his company Kolkata Ventures.
- 43:48 How Avelo comes back to track when he feels overwhelmed or low in his life.
- 46:13 Enlightening Round
- What inspires Avelo to do everything that he does: Like to see sad faces turning to happy faces.
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for him: Meditation
- What book he thinks everyone must read: Shreemad Bhagvad Geeta
- Things he think would have done differently:
- Take more time hire right people.
- Make people take responsibilities rather than micro-managing everything.
- Which online tool has been super-helpful for him: Audible, Basecamp, Salesforce.
Connect with Avelo Roy
Resources and people mentioned in this episode
- Kolkata Ventures- Avelo’s Startup Incubation Venture
- J. B. Pritzker
- Memory King Krishan Chahal’s Episode
SUBSCRIBE TO THE INSPIRING TALK ON:
Follow the Inspiring Talk on
Want to start your own podcast or want help in editing your podcast?
I can help you launch your very own podcast right from coming out with idea to publishing episode number one. See the details of the services I have to offer.
Music: Meteor by Extan