Dorothy’s debut EP Always Hope is a collection of deeply personal songs. The single “Don’t Let Me Go” attracted high praise from fans on iTunes.
Some Questions I ask Dorothy:
- How did you even got into singing? What’s your story?
- Who was your childhood hero?
What are some specific things your mom did or said to ensure that you followed your heart?
- How many times do you write and re-write a song on an average?
- 05:07 Dorothy shares about her early days and getting into music.
- 06:37 She talks about her dreams as a kid including having a big family with many kids.
- 09:13 Dorothy shares some of her favorite artists that she grew up listening to.
- 10:14 How her mother helped her in following her heart and become a singer.
- 14:23 What inspired the name Always Hope for her EP and the sad story of losing her daughter.
- 21:17 She talks about her creative process and song writing schedule
- 25:30 Dorothy talks about the biggest challenge in releasing her EP and how she was able to raise money through crowdfunding.
- 28:25 She shares some tips on crowdfunding success
- What inspires Dorothy to do everything that she does: To help people that are hurting.
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for her: Journaling on Freedom Journal
- What book he thinks everyone must read: Way of the master.
- Things she thinks would have done differently:
- Start sooner.
- Write More
- Worked in quarter
- Online tool that she uses on regular basis: Canva
Ready to Launch your own Podcast?
Join my group podcast coaching program where I will hand-hold you for SIX weeks to help you launch your own awesome podcast. Two batches of this program were completely sold out within 24 hours of announcement. I am soon announcing another batch in next few weeks so block your seat now!
SUBSCRIBE TO THE INSPIRING TALK ON: