Listen to this episode:
Gautam is an entrepreneur in the transformational education space and the Head of Tribes at one of the largest online learning platform on self-help space Mindvalley. For past 8 yrs, he’s been obsessed with trying latest studies & concepts in personal transformation in his own life, in essence has made himself his own guinea pig, and he calls this process “Life Designing”.
With his vision to create what he calls it Disneyland of Learning & Education, he also runs international summits and masterminds around the world by the name “LifePlugin”
His recent TEDx talk on modern education got over 7 Million views on Facebook and is arguably one of the most viral talks on modern education.
Gautam has been responsible in the past in bringing over $20 Million in revenue annually to mindvalley which is over 75% of company’s revenue through online product sales.
Some Questions I ask Gautam
- How did you develop this love for learning?
- How can one start designing his life?
- What do you think the future of education looks like?
- Why do you think finding a passion is a rubbish thing?
Want to start your own podcast?
I can help you launch your very own podcast right from coming out with idea to publishing episode number one. Join my SIX weeks long online group podcast coaching program. Read More.
- 04:05 Gautam shares about his experience at Mindvalley U in Estonia Tallin
- 07:36 He talks about the power of peer to peer learning when like minded people get together to learn.
- 09:33 He explains the idea of deep immersion.
- 12:30 Gautam shares about the power of Mastermind group.
- 13:10 Gautam shares how he has encountered AIESEC and developed love for learning.
- 20:25 He shares what we can learn from children and talks about inspiring milestones to progress in learning.
- 24:47 How you can start designing your life?
- 26:01 Gautam shares his insights on future of Modern Education.
- 28:35 He talks about why find your passion is not a good suggestion
- 32:00 His suggestion to people looking forward to create and sell product/services online.
- 38:30 Enlightening Round
- What inspires Gautam to do everything that he does: Reminding himself every morning that death is near and life is short.
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for him: His morning ritual
- What book he thinks everyone must read: The State of Affairs by Esther Perel
- Which online tool has been super-helpful for him: Creating an Excel Sheet of his task- He explains how he does that at 49:10
Connect With Gautam Khetrapal
Resources and People Mentioned on this Episode
- AIESEC- The organization Gautam Interned at.
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- Gautam’s TEDx talk on Wheel of Modern education
- So good they cannot ignore you by Cal Newport
- Mass Influence by Teresa de Gresbois
- The One Thing by Gary Keller
- Esther Perel’s TED Talk
- Vishen Lakhiani
- Ryan Deiss
- Neil Patel
- Gautam’s Event LifePlugin Summit