Listen to this Interview:
Krishan Chahal was fascinated by the art of memorizing at younger age. In his quest to experiment on the power of his brain he memorized the value of pi upto 43000 decimal places breaking his own Guinness world record of 33000 decimals. Apart from this, he holds other two records one of them being remembering the sequence of several decks of playing cards.
He says he was not the best as a kid but learning and experimenting on his brain led him to have exceptional brain power. His feats are acknowledged by Guinness Book of World Records, Limca Book of Records, Record Holders Republic, Open Record Book and Pi World Ranking.
Media calls krishan as Memory King for his exceptional demonstration of memory skills and showing to the world what human brain is capable of. His books Art of Memorising and Art of Studying Well are well received by his readers.
Some questions I ask Krishan:
- You memorized the value of pi upto 43000 decimal places. Are you crazy?
- What are all different record and awards that you have on your name?
- How talented or bright were you as a kid in school?
- What’s the best way to remember dates and numbers?
- How can we build retention of things we memorize for longer duration?
- 03:54 Krishan shares why did he took up the challenge to set Guinness world record.
- 04:49 He shares all other records he holds and methods he uses.
- 09:39 Krishan talks about his creativity as a kid in school. How he was different from other kids.
- 12:15 What fascinated krishan to master the art of Memorizing. Why did he started this particular journey.
- 17:35 He shares technique on how you can memorize name and faces of people you meet.
- 30:45 How can one remember the dates or numbers easily?
- 40:40 He helps me memorize the list of top ten richest countries in the world by creating story out of it.
- 01:00:20 Enlightening Round
- What inspires Krishan to do everything he does: His ability to make impact in this world.
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for him: Meditation
- What book he thinks everyone must read: The Yog Vasistha
- Things he think would have done differently:
- Would have been more daring in his approach
- I would have done more charity than I have done
- Would have followed more balanced approach to all six pillars of life
Connect with Krishan Chahal
Resources Mentioned in this Episode:
- Krishan Chahal’s books Art of Memorising and Art of Studying Well.
- Book Krishan recommended: The Yog Vasistha