Listen to this episode:
When is you have a culture that punishes failure, you cannot drive innovation in that company.
Lalit Jagtiani is a Business Transformation specialist and a Thought Leader in Digital Strategy at SAP, Singapore. He is also an author of the book When Change Happens- A story of Organizational Change. He has a passion for film making and has pursued a diploma in Film Making. Over the years, he has scripted and directed numerous videos and TV spots. He is the Chief Mentor for LeadThink®, a digital platform for Leaders & Professionals to showcase their capabilities through personal experiences in driving successful transformation in their organizations.
Some Questions I ask Lalit
- How did you get into film making?
- What are key things that plays role in making the change lasts longer?
- How can an organization develop or inbuilt the culture of innovation within their system?
- How digital distruption is changing the way people do business and how can today’s business and organizations prepare themselves for the digital disruption thats happening?
Want to start your own podcast?
I can help you launch your very own podcast right from coming out with idea to publishing episode number one. Join my SIX weeks long online group podcast coaching program. Read More.
- 02:31 Lalit talks about his passion for film making and how his need to express himself got him into this.
- 04:50 His motivation to write a book on change management in the form of story everyone can understand.
- 09:16 Why Lalit thinks political matrix is the most difficult one to crack while driving the change?
- 11:00 How understanding the political agenda of people helps change agent to easily carry transformation?
- 13:40 Dealing at emotional level of grass root level of organization to carry out the change.
- 19:08 Why organizations does not focus on empowering employees while driving change?
- 22:38 Creating Amoeba effect and focusing on training people to create own ideas to make change last longer.
- 24:44 Building a culture of Innovation within an organization
- 29:15 What digital tsunami is all about?
- 32:53 Preparing for digital disruption.
- What inspires Lalit to do everything that he does: Things that excites me.
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for him: Imaginative sense
- What book he thinks everyone must read: The Goal by
Eliyahu M. Goldratt
- Which online tool has been super-helpful for her: Business model pattern