Listen to this Interview:
Sooner you realize your own power and the divinity that’s within yourself, sooner you can start giving back to this world.
Melissa was raped twice as a teenager, lost her friend to suicide and dad to cancer. She got addicted to drug, became alcoholic and suffered from severe bulimia for almost a decade.
She has faced a lot of challenges in her own life. It seemed impossible for her to come out of all this. She was surrounded by wrong kind of people, dating a meth addict and going down the wrong path in life.
On this episode, Melissa shares her story of bouncing back and thriving. She is a certified Yoga teacher and reiki healer. She is also a host of Podcast called Mind Love where she discusses mindset shifts, energy frequencies and modern mindfulness through raw stories, personal experience and inspiring interviews.
Some Questions I ask Melissa:
- What was the first thing that you did when you wake up the morning
- How hanging out with right kind of people helps you in one’s growth?
- What are your non-negotiables while selecting whom you wanna spend time with?
- How do you get over your past?
- What does your visualization practice looks like?
- 03:55 Melissa shares how beautiful her childhood was.
- 04:24 She talks about traumas that hit her as a teenager.
- 06:50 How she kept planting seeds of hope and started on a new journey.
- 09:22 Melissa shares about the very first thing that she did on first day of her new journey.
- 11:18 She talks why letting go of people who are dragging you down is very important.
- 19:10 Melissa shares how she deals with the thoughts of her past and don’t let it affect her present.
- 31:55 She shares how taking ownership in life helps you in not becoming victim of situation or challenges you faced in your life.
- 35:28 Her story of crashing into Obama’s election dinner party.
- 40:12 Enlightening Round
- What inspires Melissa to do everything that she does: Empowering People
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for her: Making Plan
- What book she thinks everyone must read: Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz
- Things she think would have done differently:
- Should have practiced forgiveness earlier.
- Would have treated body better.
- Been kinder to self.
- Which online tool has been super-helpful for her: Journaling
Connect with Melissa Monte
Resources and People Mentioned in this episode:
- Five love languages- Gary Chapman
- Patt Flynn
- The 7-Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey
- Think and Grow Rich- Napolean Hill
- Five Minute Journal
- Passion Planner
- Self Journal
- Listen to Chuski Pop Podcast– Bi-weekly podcast by Sweety & Pappu about feminism, pop-culture, music, art, bollywood and lot.
Ready to Launch your own Podcast?
Join my group podcast coaching program where I will hand-hold you for SIX weeks to help you launch your own awesome podcast. First batch of this program was completely sold out within 24 hours of announcement last week. I am soon announcing another batch.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE INSPIRING TALK ON: