Listen to this interview:
Praveen Wadalkar robbed his six years old son’s piggy bank to go for a business meeting. His first business was a complete flop show and he had no money left as he and his wife both had left their job to start that business. Praveen has been to the stage where quitting the entrepreneurial dream was much easier option than to continue. But he kept moving forward to start another venture which flourished and is now spread across many nations in Asia.
Praveen is co-founder and CEO of Techizer Tech Solution, a highly specialized healthcare IT consulting firm whose presence is felt in over hundred companies across the Asia.
He is a storyteller by passion and has shared his stories in different platforms including two TEDx talks. His talk on Someone’s watching Me (SWM) disease- a condition where we change our decision just because we think what people will think about us has been well received by viewers. He is also an author of the book, Stop Taking Medicines where he explores the issue of medicine non-adherence to raise awareness.
Some questions I ask Praveen:
- You said in your TEDx that you didn’t tell people that your dad was a rickshaw driver. What did you say when somebody asked what does your dad do?
- What are some of the very important traits or qualities that you acquired from your dad and want to pass on to your kids?
- Why do you think we are so concerned about other’s opinion?
- Where did you get that inspiration of starting your own company?
- Please talk about the biggest failure or challenge that you have faced in your life and the most important lesson learned from that.
- 04:37 Praveen shares about his childhood from failing in 9th Standard and running away from home.
- 07:32 He shares about his parents and excuses he made to hide from people that his father was a rickshaw driver.
- 09:57 He talks about the most important lessons learned from dad including never giving up attitude.
- 14:10 How he builds upon important values and invincible mindset on his son Arnab.
- 18:55 Praveen shares how Someone’s Watching Me (SWM) impacting many lives and not allowing people to tap into their full potential
- 25:16 Praveen’s story of living well-settled life in Mumbai doing job to quitting and starting first venture.
- 34:00 How he enjoys instability and practice that on his office.
- 42:50 Praveen share about his book Stop Taking Medicine
- 46:50 Enlightening round
- What inspires Praveen to do everything that he does: Executing on the First thought to live in the moment.
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for him: Running every single day and listening to Audiobooks
- What book he thinks everyone must read: The Noticer and The Noticer Returns by Andy Andrews
- Things he think would have done differently: I do not regret anything since I learned from each of those experiences
- Which online tool has been super-helpful for him:
Connect with Praveen Wadalkar
Resources Mentioned in this episode:
- Praveen Wadalkar’s TEDx Talk
- Praveen’s Company Techizer Website
- ReadMyRX- A website to read package insert in Local language
- The Noticer and The Noticer Returns by Andy Andrews
SUBSCRIBE TO THE INSPIRING TALK ON:
Follow the Inspiring Talk on
In this one full day workshop I will walk you through entire process for launching your own awesome podcast. You will also get a free comprehensive podcast launch checklist and video tutorials to take back home so as to help you get started.
Use coupon code INSPIRING while checkout so that you get flat INR 500 off on your ticket. Grab your tickets now.
Music: Get Up by Nicolai Heidlas