Resources and tools I personally love
Welcome to the Resources section of The Inspiring Talk podcast, a handpicked list of tools and resources to help you in your success journey. The resources I mentioned here are either tried by myself and found very useful or recommended by my successful and inspiring guests of the show.
Here are the list of five most recommended books by guests:
- Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R Covey
- Think and Grow Rich by Napolean Hill
- How to Win Friends Influence People
- Power of Subconscious Mind by Joseph Murphy
- The Monk Who Sold His Ferrari By Robin Sharma (My Favourite)
If you’d like to get free Audiobook for any of the above books you can get that for free with 1 month free audible trial. You can try audible free for one month and get one Audiobook for free now.
Microphones for Podcasting
Here are the best-value microphones for low, mid and high budget:
1. Audio Technica ATR-2100 dynamic USB: This is the mic you should consider to start with. This is my #1 recommendation for those looking for low budget option with decent quality of audio. The ATR2100-USB is a dynamic, cardioid microphone that can connect directly to your computer via USB. It can also (and simultaneously) connect to professional audio equipment via XLR. The ATR2100-USB also comes with one year warranty.
2. Blue Snowball Ice Condenser USB: This microphone comes a slight cheaper as compared to ATR2100 and does it’s job. It is first choice of many YouTubers. This microphone unlike ATR2100 does not support connection via XLR. Blue snowball comes with 2 years of Warranty.
3. Audio Technica BPHS1 Stereo Headset with Dynamic Mic: This is mid range headset cum microphone that does a perfect job. This is the same microphone used by Lewis Howes of School of Greatness podcast.
3. Heil PR40: If you want to take your game to next level this is for you. This produces most natural and fantastic audio possible. This microphone is used by many top podcasters and is highly appreciated for its quality.
- Bluehost: My website hosted on Bluehost. They make it incredibly easy to get a new site up and running with their one-click easy WordPress Blog installation .They provide outstanding customer service. I have received their support through phone and emails within 1 day.I highly recommend using Bluehost for your first website, and you can get 33% off on wordpress, reseller, cloud or shared hosting when you follow this link and use coupon code: AFFDEC17.
When you are starting your podcast you will need a service that can host your media files. This is different from your website host.
- Blubrry: This is one of the best media hosts and it integrates very well with your WordPress site. With this media host you can have full control over your RSS using its powerpress plugin for wordpress. And the best part is you can publish all your podcast episodes from within wordpress without having to visit their website. You will get 1 month of free hosting with Blubrry when you use coupon code BIJAY while signing up.
- Libsyn: This is where I host my own podcast. Their hosting plan starts with as low as $5 per month. You will get a free podcast page when you host with Libsyn where you can see archive of your older posts and options to subscribe on different platforms. This is very helpful if you are on budget to have your own podcast website. You may like to check my podcast page on Libsyn.