Listen to this Interview:
Mathew Jose is a social entrepreneur who runs an Organization called Paperman. Through this organization, Mathew’s mission is to bring about a positive social change through trash. He has created a platform called trashfunding. It helps people to convert their trash into an investment for social change. His expertise also lies in the key understanding he has about India’s 1.5 million strong informal sector recyclers. He is passionate about improving their livelihoods through his innovations.
Mathew is also a multiple TEDx Speaker. He has pioneered the creation of innovative models of recycling that motivates people to recycle. He has been featured in various national and international medias such as BBC, Forbes, The Hindu among many others. In 2016 -Forbes Magazine has added mathew into the annual list of 30 people under age of 30 from India and Asia. Mathew has been awarded the prestigious Ashoka fellowship in 2015. He is also most recently a Nelis Japan Member.
Some Questions I ask Mathew:
- What’s is trash economy?
- How did you even got interested in all this. What’s your story?
- What’s so satisfying about starting a social enterprise?
- Which one thing you are struggling to overcome?
- 04:16 Mathew shares why there is huge opportunity in trash.
- 05:55 He shares how his internship with a non-profit organization inspired him to start his company, Paperman.
- 06:50 Mathew talks about his family background.
- 07:57 He shares about innovative ideas for engaging and promoting people to recycle their trash.
- 11:44 He talks about why starting a social enterprise is so satisfying.
- 13:03 Mathew shares his tips to someone looking to start a social enterprise.
- 16:15 He shares his idea of picking a mentor for him in his life and business.
- 18:35 Some challenges that are specific to social enterprise which might not be prevalent in for-profit organization.
- 23:24 Mathew shares about his another initiative OpenAct.
- 24:32 He talks about his morning ritual of Journaling and Meditation.
- 28:26 Enlightening Round
- What inspires Mathew to do everything that he does: His peace with self
- Which one daily habit has been game-changer for him: Meditating every day
- What book he thinks everyone must read:
- Things he think would have done differently:
- Engaged More Mentors early on.
- Would have focused building network.
- Worked better on Improving Communication Plan.
- Which online tool has been super-helpful for him:
Connect with Mathew Jose
Ready to Launch your own Podcast?
Join my group podcast coaching program where I will hand-hold you for SIX weeks to help you launch your own awesome podcast. First batch of this program was completely sold out within 24 hours of announcement last week. I am soon announcing another batch.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE INSPIRING TALK ON:
Follow the Inspiring Talk on
Music: Longest Road by Broken Elegance